A6 TDIe question

wildbillcoyote

Reaction score
Hi new to forum and first post so please be gentle..

Ive just recieved delivery of my new 2.0 TDIe A6 avant, 136BHP version and am very pleased with it, however I was wondering what the difference was between this engine and the 170BHP version and if anybody has "chipped" the 136 model.

Would be really interesting to know

cheers

car01.jpg

Hey there...re the remap....DO IT
I have the 2.0 tdi 140bhp A6 and got it remapped to 176bhp....big difference to the power of the car. The fuel economy is up around 10%-15% as well but you'll only really noticve this on long runs. If you do a fair amount of milegae though it will eventually pay for itself.
One bit of advice though...I'd say as you have a new car get Audi to do it to keep your warranty intact. You will pay a lot more for it but you have to ask yourself if its worth the risk otherwise.

Good luck

Jim

Hi Jim

Thanks for that, interesting because i did ask the dealer bout this when i picked up the car and he gave me one of those non comittal blank type looks....

I will have a chat with some other dealers and see what sort of response i get.

cheers

steve

car01.jpg

Hey wildbill, ask around some of the dealers and I'm sure you'll find one or two that are interested. As per cockney boy, you could go elsewhere and get it done cheaper and probably be fine, no doubt, with little risk of Audi finding out at all.
You just have to ask yourself how keen you are to risk the warranty on the engine and related components of a £30k car for the sake of an extra £300 - £400 ??
In a car 3 -4 years old I'd get it done by some local reputable tech or independant etc for sure and save myself a bundle.

Anyway, all the best wildbill and let us know what you decide please

Jim