A6 tdi sport v final edition

rob0904

Reaction score
Im cant decide which spec a6 tdi to get sport or final edition, both have something i want but missing something else.

Which would you all reccomend.

Im coming from a A4 b6 1.8t 190 sport avant so like the sport seats and bits.

Rob

Yeah, the FE has all the toys but missing 6th gear, nice sports interior...

Still unsure haha

What engine you're after ? Some cars only have the steering wheel, trip computer, sat-nav and sports seats different- these are very easy to retrofit ! If you're looking for a 1.9 Tdi for example then the sports will have a 6 speed and better 240mm clutch as opposed to the SE which has 5 speed box and smaller 228mm clutch...

Yeah i think 6 speed is the way to go.... i will have to see what comes along and what price.

I just bought A6 Avant 1.9Tdi Sport 6 spd, and i love to bits. Fast, plenty off space in
side, very economical, look superb. Great car all round! I got Silver colour. Dreams - put proper front intercooler, tint all windows black, S-Line R18 alloys, a full led rear lights, posible rear RS roof spoiler...

It is 03 plate, done 124K, always servised at main garages, previuos lady owner since 2005. Paid 3K. Well happy!

Sounds a good buy.... im stuck with our a4 b6 1.8t 190 sport avant for now as its not going anywhere. Not too much of a problem as fuel is cheap at the min...

I might see if i get a project a6 sport. Not bother if it needed an engine just not much body work...

How is the Fe has it grown on you yet? Or are your still thinking the sport would of been a better choice?

I'll tell you when I start using it! Company car doesn't go until Monday. I think the FE is the right choice for me though. I may buy a spares/repairs Sport in the future if I spot a cheap one though for seats and a few other bits.

Yes "minimadmotorman" it was that car i bought just recently, all i can say i love it!

Well ive managed to get myself an sport avant.... needs some stuff do but nothing bad....

I think the abs pump is knackered. got abs, traction control and brake malfunction on the dis with it bleeping....

Both front windows cable are broken....

The gearstick is very sloppy and i can push into reverse without pushing it down. Is there a spring or something underneath the plastic ball...

The radio is stuck in safe mode...

some bits of body work, nothing major.

if anyone could help me with anything please please let me know.

rob

Been using my FE over the last 6 weeks or so. Must say I'm pretty happy with it.

I really wanted to buy some 9 spoke 17" sport alloys for it but talked myself out of it on a financial stand point (missus said no) and was concerned the ride may be worse on them.
I checked the build codes in the boot and it seems it had sports supension specced at the factory (and it has the red dampers). As a test I tried the 17" 5-spokes on off the missus's A4 and the ride was indeed much choppier.

So with all that in mind I bought 2 new Goodyear EGP tyres for the existing rims and popped them on the front.

It went straight through it's MOT at the beginning of the month (wasnt due until the 24th) and has averaged a combined 46mpg over the last 1200 miles. This is calculated MPG from fill up to fill up, the DIS is 1-2mpg optimistic.

We went on a family holiday in it earlier this month too! 7 month old twins, a beagle, the missus, myself and a boot to the roof full of stuff!

I've still got a few little jobs on it to do (squeaky brake pedal etc) but for me the FE A6 was the right choice.

I would of liked the toys in the FE as the sport is pretty bare...

The plus side is you/me can retro fit most stuff to make the ultimate edition hahah

Twins!! We've got our third on its way so the extra room of the a6 is what was needed.

Ive sorted the gearstick assembly with a washer

Now on to the abs pump ive tried fluid levels, fuses, connections and so on getting to the point of needing vagcom but i havent got it.

Rob

squeaky brake pedal sorted in last ten mins. Half pulled bottom of dash off and got my arm up there with a paint brush with a bit of grease on. Seems to have cured it for now. Still got suspension click when setting off but had it in the air and couldn't find any problem yet.

Oh the joys of fault finding...

Im having a bit of a tinker before i go to working....

I'm affaid FRK's are prone to bearing failures due to it being a VW copy of a reliable Getrag ELN box .