1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 Steering

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)' started by andicole0, Mar 4, 2014.

1. andicole0

andicole0 Member

[Mar 4, 2014]
    More questions :confused:, I find the power steering very light is there anyway to adjust this?

Andi.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

[Mar 4, 2014]
    Check your tyre pressures. Steering will be lighter at slower speeds but heavier at higher speeds.
    Aly likes this.
  4. tingle55

tingle55 New Member

[Mar 25, 2014]
    I too have found the power steering far too light. I'm slowly getting used to it after 8 weeks. i have an 08, pre-facelifted Audi 3.0tdi le mans. The face lifted version had a thicker steering wheel. There's a thicker steering wheel that ive seen on ebay (german company), they use the standard OE steering wheel, but remould it (flat bottomed) and make the steering a lot thicker. Its the only compensation / adjustment I'm going to get with regards to the very light steering.
  5. Tuddie

Tuddie Member

[Mar 26, 2014]
    I found mine very light too and the tyre pressures were fine :(
  6. andicole0

andicole0 Member

[Mar 26, 2014]
    I'm slowly getting used to mine but I can't say I think it's very nice.

Andi.
  7. Aly

Aly Active Member

[Mar 26, 2014]
    It does take some getting used to... When I drive my wife's little Yaris I now feel I'm getting a workout lol... But as Chris stated the faster you go the heavier it gets!
  8. saxonblue

saxonblue Member

[Mar 26, 2014]
    after driving my mums fiat Fiorino van with no power steering at all, any power steering feels light I can tell you,
    but yeah I did notice a difference between my a6 and both my old a4 and the a4 cab,
  9. Stevieb2905

Stevieb2905 Active Member

[Mar 27, 2014]
    You could remove the servotronic relay, you will still have power steering but not the low speed assist. I had a faulty relay so drove my A4 without one for a few weeks, it felt heavy to start with but I got used to it pretty quickly and quite liked it.

Once the new relay was fitted it felt too light, thinking of maybe pulling it again and getting a few quid back on ebay.

Another option may be to try a different relay, I think they are interchangeable between models and have different characteristics.