1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 Sport - Change suspension or sell?

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by FoxA6, Sep 21, 2009.

1. FoxA6

FoxA6 New Member

[Sep 21, 2009]
    Hi, I have a 2004 (53 plate) A6 2.5 diesel Sport saloon. I have had it since May but find the suspension extremely hard and jittery for every day driving. I have read about this on the forums and I know this is a common complaint.

Has anyone any experience with changing the suspension...namely the dampers for a smoother ride? Koni do a set of FSD dampers which apparently improve the handling and ride comfort but they are £430 plus the fitting.

Am trying to weigh up whether it is worth a cost of around £800, or just sell the car and get an SE when I can afford it? Any help would be appreciated
  2. fjtwelve

fjtwelve Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 22, 2009]
    FSDs make a big difference. Shop around, when i did mine 2 years ago Awesome GTI were cheapest by some margin, like nearly £200.
  3. yendall24

yendall24 Member

[Sep 22, 2009]
    i know this does not help but if they spent some of the revenue they get from car tax and fuel tax the roads would not resemble a third world countries they are a complete disgrace people need to claim claim claim against there local council if you damage your suspension carry a camera and get evidence to drag these incompitant councils through the courts its the only way to get these jokers to take this problem serously