A6 Shock Absorbers ?

Markeb

Reaction score
Just 4 days and less than 50 miles after my £500 service in G******d Audi , Surrey - where they noted that the rear left shock absorber was leaking "slightly". I now see large stains like spilled fresh light oil on the drive way. Queestion is whether I need to get this done in an Audi centre or is there somewhere that wont charge me the earth - and how much should I expect to pay. Do I need to repalce both back ones or just teh leaking one. (I guess I shouldnt drive on it like this for too long ) Similarly are there places I should avoid?

Get them both replaced as a pair as so they have the same damping characteristics.
If its a C5 shassis and FWD then the rear springs and shocks are mounted seperately which makes changing them much easier. Any decent garage could do it. Try GSF for the price of the aprts but shouldn't be to much

Thanks for the posting and advice - or mar a dheitear "Gurb'h mile máith agat ón Bhreatain Mór !

Thanks agian

you know more Irish than me, hated it at school

I changed mine myself, piece of cake to do!, 3 bolts on each 2 in the inner arch at the top, 1 on the swing arm.

Cost about £50 a corner for some decent new gas shocks.

This is on the C5 tho and FWD

GSF Part no 45658G £36.50 9 (i think thata excluding vat)