A6 S4 engine?

Cheers.

Always fancied an A6 Avant.. with that engine and K04s it'd be the shizz!.. cheaper than an S4 too.

the 4.2L A6 makes the right noise though, and has nicely inflated RS6 style arches ;)

Ha Ha there you go with the V8 plug again. Not as tuneable as the turbo though.. big money to get much more power from the V8 surely?

a pair of T3's from a cossie for a few hundered quid and some proper management... probably get the management and turbo's for the cost of the K04's and a remap, and i recon you could blow around 6-8psi thru it with careful mapping and 98octane fuel.

some quick calcs:

if we assume the standard inlet adds a bit of resistance, you wont see full atmospheric pressure at the valve of the full throttle NA motor, perhpas only 13psi in absolute terms?

convert the 8psi boost to an absolute figure: 22.7psi

(22.7)/13 * 300 * 0.9 (take 10% off for whatever randomness) = 471hp.

Correct turbo choice to stop the boost peaking too early and the stock engine should be fine at those boost levels i recon.

Much more boost and you'd have to start looking at lowering the compression ratio by swapping out pistons, but thats still a nice figure for not too much work...

:D, i should really get myself a B5-V8 so i can preach properly about this shouldnt i?

Although in fairness, i DO have the engine, its just sitting in the garden under a tarp and destined for a landrover 90 :p

I was at a trackday as a passenger on saturday, and its made me reeeally want a track car, however all the tracks i've looked at, and certainly the two nearest me, require a uk driving licence before they'll allow you out on track :( Just gives me plenty of time to build a A4Q track car for getting my ticket back though!

Yeah you should really be building a V8 B5! lol

Forget about the Defender and get a B5 with a knackered engine to stick the V8 in! You could have it perfected with turbos fitted etc for when you're back on the road.

I think i'll be needing something sensible to insure when i'm back on the road, not a twin turbo V8 B5 ;)

Probably insure the A4 1.8T under my name and let the missus insure the 90 V8 :p

My biggest issue atm is storage, the 90's laying in a mates parents farmyard in bits and i live in a council estate with no offstreet parking.

We'll likely be moving in the summer when Dawn graduates, so i'll be trying to find somewhere i can store cars at, that way i can get myself a knackered B5 quattro and track prep it, and get cracked on with the 90 too.

Yeah I'd imagine the premium would be a tad steep!

Roll on the summer then.. what are the plans for the A4Q then mate? 1.8TQS? K04? Big turbo? V8? lol

The A6 engine has some slight differences. Can't remember exactly what they were, but I know the ECU was different.

I believe they had a different inlet manifold, which was good in one sense as it got rid of the F-hose (as did the RS4 and very last 2.7T S4's) but I think it may have been a bit more restrictive.

Ask Musty over on AudiSRS. I think he did a lot of work on his A6 2.7T engine.

The A6 engine has some slight differences. Can't remember exactly what they were, but I know the ECU was different.

I believe they had a different inlet manifold, which was good in one sense as it got rid of the F-hose (as did the RS4 and very last 2.7T S4's) but I think it may have been a bit more restrictive.

Ask Musty over on AudiSRS. I think he did a lot of work on his A6 2.7T engine.

Nice one.. cheers.

They did a 230bhp A6 and a 250bhp version, few differences as Blue Thunder says, same for the Allroad, 246bhp, but with a few tweaks can make the same power as the S4.

The yanks love em, have a look on Audizine, plenty on there.

may be looking for an A6 myself.....another nipper on the way!!

Ye, thats why we baught the avant tbh, i just think they look better somehow.

We were looking at saloons originally, and the missus wasnt so convinced: "why do we need a big car like that", then we started talking about getting a dog, so i pointed out an avant would be perfect as it has room for doggie. That sold her! :D

I Also think the Avant has less of a differnece between B5 and B6, which means it doesnt look as old? Saying that, I dont like B6 saloons at all, though the avants are ok.

just looked at the rear legroom in an A6 and it is no better than the A4!!