1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 remapping

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by stevieboy, May 17, 2005.

1. stevieboy

stevieboy Member

[May 17, 2005]
    I got a new A6 2.0 TDI about 3 weeks ago. Saw her in the showroom and I just couldn't resist. Went in for an A3, came out with an A6. I'm a salesman's dream !!

Anyway, considering the size it performs not too badly, but I'm drawn by the lure of more power and am seriously considering getting it re-mapped.

I've narrowed it down to two companies - either an Oettinger remap by RSD or a remap by AMD. Looking at the two there's quite a difference...AMD sent me some plots that show them re-mapping a 2.0 TDI to 187bhp/327lbs torque where as Oettinger get 170bhp/280lbs torque ?

Now normally more power is better but....I just kind of wonder if that's pushing the engine too far and if a front wheel drive car will be able to cope with that much power going through the wheels ?

Anyone had a 2.0 TDI remapped by AMD or RSD and can comment about the driveability ?

I'm not *really* bothered about a fuel consumption hit, but if the AMD conversion drank it like it was free...then I would be !!

Which company do you think does a better job ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. Online

[May 18, 2005]
    Have you considered a revo? I hear they are very good and definately worth a look.

Visit:
    http://www.revotechnik.com/index.aspx

You can have 5 hour trial which is free so you can see what its like. You probably wouldn't try another company after that!!
  4. stevieboy

stevieboy Member

[May 18, 2005]
    Have had a look on Revo's site, but I can't find where they say they do software for this engine. I'm thinking maybe they don't support re-mapping the 2.0 TDI yet, or maybe just haven't updated their site with the info.

Is that correct ?

Would it be worth waiting for Revo to do one if they don't, are they better than RSD and AMD ?
  5. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[May 18, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Have had a look on Revo's site, but I can't find where they say they do software for this engine. I'm thinking maybe they don't support re-mapping the 2.0 TDI yet, or maybe just haven't updated their site with the info.

Is that correct ?

Would it be worth waiting for Revo to do one if they don't, are they better than RSD and AMD ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont think Revo do it yet. Superchips also do it with around 185bhp 295ft/lbs. Also Forge and Starperformance now offer tunining via the OBDII Port.