A6 Remapped!!

StaffsS3

Flat Out
Reaction score
Hi guys, as my Loggin states I have just put my S3 up for sale having bought the A6 as a replacement.

I have to say I am loving my new diesel powered land barge.

Spec is late 2004, 2.0TDi SE in Akoya Silver with MMI bluetooth, split rear seats and leather sports seats with electric adjustment. 51,000 miles with full main dealer history.

The first thing I have done (as I did with the S3) was to take it for a remap. On the way there I got 56mpg average (mostly motorway) but on the way back I got 61mpg!!! I could practically feel the trees hug me as I drove past!!

Again the best decision I have made with a car. Now has 175bhp and more economy. If you are in any doubt of getting yours done..... do it.

Another bonus is I now have the same performance of the 2.7 diesel but I'm only paying £145.00 road tax....... Plus unlike the S3 I can waft along and don't feel I have to drive it like my pants are on fire!

:salute:

Staffs I noticed 51K are you due a cambelt soon I suspect its a 60K change on that engine or was it done at the last service.

As arule 80K non turbo engines and 60K for turbos seems the norm.

Glad your pleased with your oil burner. i wanted one at first but the but the 2.0tdi weren't out when i got mine it was 1.9 or 2.5 i fealt the 1.9 under powered and the 2.5 was to thirsty.

Have fun wafting

Done at last service!! Even better really.

The dealer I bought it from was surprised when I arrived on his doorstep at 9am after seeing it advertised the previous day. I don't think he realised that with all the options it was a £29,500 car 3 years and 4 months ago!!

Apparently the phone rang off the hook after I had done the deal!!