A6 rear wheel bearing noise?

imijut

Reaction score
Hi I own an A6 s line 2005. I was away abroad for 3 months and my car wa sin the garage all this time. When Icame back and droveit, I discovered this noise that comes from the rear wheels. The noise is small when driving and its like a clicking noise which happens with every revolution. However when I brake, this noise becomes apparent.

Some friends sayits the brake pads,some say it could be the rear wheel bearing. I have to go to london next week and worried if I can take it on the road in such condition. Has someone encountered similar problem. Your help owuld be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Doesn't sound like a wheel bearing to me, I'd check other bits - if you get someone in the back and try bracking does the noise go away? or get worse - this could indicate pads - or drive with handbrake on slightly -does this affect noise?

Doesn't sound like a wheel bearing to me either, a wheel bearing on the way out has a fairly low pitched growling noise that may vary with speed. Have been through a number of bearings on VAG cars over the years and not had one that clicks or is related to braking before.

Hi,

Im new to all this forum stuff. But, if it helps, I've been very lucky in owing several A6 Avants. Both 2.7TDI the current is a TDI V6 S-line. Both the cars have had new rear bearings. The old one had one at about 60K miles this one has had BOTH done, 1st at 60K - amazing - and the other less than 10k miles after. its the ony problem I've had.. now looking at the Q7 any problems with them anyone?

regards
Willix

Hi I own an A6 s line 2005. I was away abroad for 3 months and my car wa sin the garage all this time. When Icame back and droveit, I discovered this noise that comes from the rear wheels. The noise is small when driving and its like a clicking noise which happens with every revolution. However when I brake, this noise becomes apparent.

Some friends sayits the brake pads,some say it could be the rear wheel bearing. I have to go to london next week and worried if I can take it on the road in such condition. Has someone encountered similar problem. Your help owuld be much appreciated.

Many Thanks