1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 Rear Seats

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by vwlt, May 14, 2007.

1. vwlt

vwlt New Member

[May 14, 2007]
    Can anyone tell me if the A6 rear seat has room for 2 baby seats plus an adult in between. My A4 is very tight, and I am looking for a rear seat for 3 adults or 2 baby seats plus 1 adult, and wondering how much bigger the A6 is ......
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. TonyT

TonyT Finally got my A6

[May 14, 2007]
    where are you based? if anywhere near me you could give it a try, happy to help you out, mine is a '01 A6 avant. Stay in Banknock, between Denny and Cumbernauld.

TonyT
  4. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

[May 15, 2007]
    The A6 is much bigger inside. Ive had two car seats and my 15 year old son in the back with now problem.

Drove to Austria and back like this. You'd be surprised how much more room is in them. I concidered an A4 estate a coulple of years ago but when measuring up it was much smaller than my present A6 saloon at the time.

Other than that your up to the A8

Simon
  5. A6QuattroDriver

A6QuattroDriver Member

[May 15, 2007]
    I've gone from A6's then to an A4 only to go back to the A6. The interior space of the A6 is much bigger than the A6. Width is one area I notice (I remember reading somewhere that the A6 was wider than the then current E Class @ 1999) also the rear foot / leg room. With my seat in it's normal position in the A4 nobody could easily sit behind comfortably - in the A6 there is plenty of room.