1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 rear anti roll bars

Inskip75 Jul 9, 2010

1. Inskip75

Inskip75 Member

On many forums there is discussion about A4 owners swapping rear bars for RS4 ones - does anyone know if this is possible with RS6 bars - onto my 2.5 Tdi Quattro Avant?
    I can't find any references for this mod for the A6 - maybe there's a good reason for this:think:

2. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member Team Daytona Team V8 VCDS Map User quattro Audi Q7 S-line owners group TDi

rs6 possibly have wider track..... may just be wheels im not sure

3. grizz

grizz Member

I might have a spare rs6 arb set after fitting a set of Hotchkis up rated bars ..

grizz

4. dances-with-pies

dances-with-pies New Member

Any news on this? I have a 2.7t A6 and am also wondering if the RS6 rear bar would be a direct fit.
    Anyone know the diameter of the RS6 and S6 bar? I'm not sure what size my bar is. I'll have to crawl underneath and have a measure.

5. dances-with-pies

OK. I've found further info on RS6.com that claims A6 rear bar is 18mm, RS6 is 20mm and that they are interchangeable.

6. Inskip75

Inskip75 Member

I didn't take this any further - and although I searched the web I didn't find the article you found - looks like it would work on a 'normal' A6 - mine is 2.5Tdi Avant Quattro.
    I'll have a grovel and check my a/r bar diameter this weekend.

7. dances-with-pies