1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 pads and discs all round, how much?

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by sidibear, Jul 20, 2009.

1. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator

My mate has just bought an 02 plate A6 2.5 tdi and found out it needs pads and discs.

How much roughly is it going to cost?
  2. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

I paid £130 for S6 front discs and pads, and standard rear setup from VeeWAutoparts in bristol.

Bosch parts aswell!

Though my S6 front setup isn't fitted yet so i had to buy a std setup aswell for £70 for the front.
  3. Shroud

Shroud New Member

It will largely depend on

a) whether you plan to do the work yourself
    b) whether you are happy with cheap pads/discs or more expensive 'performance ones', and
    c) If not doing it yourself whether you plan to use an Independent garage or Audi, as the larger chunk of the cost could end up being the labour.

You can buy pads and discs direct for under £100 for the rear and similar for the front. Many independent garages i know will also make money on parts, so you could end up paying (as a rough guide) about £200 - £250 for the parts and a further £150ish labour. More if you use Audi.

I did my rear pads and discs myself last month for £150, but bought premium discs and pads a) because they last longer and b) because i wanted good stopping performance.
  4. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

Steer well clear of cheap parts! especially on brakes, and yeah I do all work myself on my car, if i don't know how to do it, I find out!
  5. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator

Excellent, thanks for the replies guys.