A6 Mirror Switch

A6Smurf

Reaction score
Website
none
I have an A6 1.8T saloon from 1999 with the mirror adjustment just in front of the handbrake. I have managed to break the knob off the switch.

Any advice how to get the switch out - looks like a flush fit - and where I can get a replacement ?

Cheers,
A6Smurf

Cheers, Martin.....it was such a good fit in the console I didn't want to start prying until I knew it would definitely ease out.

I've got it out...just need a new one now.

Rgds,
A6Smurf

Same thing im facing at the moment
Just got a 2000 A6 2.4 Q
Haven`t checked yet, do they have it in stock how did you get on?

drmatrix

Really easy job.......just be careful when trying to get the old switch out or you can break the trim, as it clips onto the switch on 2 sides, just takeyour time and lever a bit each side.....then pop the trim is off and you can connect the new switch in

As there are so many clips on the switch. does anyone has a photo that explains which clips are holding the switch inside the housing. I tried and tried. something must be stuck in there. please help before I ruin it. thanx.:keule:

Really tricky one when i changed mine had the same problem
You have just have to coak it out...
the new switch fits back into the balck housing if i remember correctly
if you can take some pics and post i can guide you through

Tooo late.
broke the darn thing.
the switch was glued in the housing.
tried to pull, push, kick, bite..... it wouldn't budge.
finally I used my hands and feet with 3 knifes at 3 sides.
got it out in 2 pieces ( the housing ).
I still put the switch inside and shoved it in the hole. it fits very well and I don't even see the . I don't know how long before it pops out again.
thanx anyway. appreciate the response.:rockwoot:

same problem too!

how much was the replacement switch?