A6 le Mans 2.7 tdi quattro road noise.

BigjoeC

Reaction score
Hi guys any advice would be appreciated.

Just purchased my A6 and it is currently sitting on pirelli p zero's on the front and back 255 35 19's The tread on the front and back is good but I'm unsure as to the age of the tyre and after doing some research it would seem the p zero's could be the reason for the increased road noise.

I understand that these are fat wheels and road noise will be an issue but is it worth me looking at a different brand?

:)

Check pressure ? I have same size and im running 41front and 38 back

2006 Audi A6 3.0TDI quattro sline le mans | Daytona Grey Pearl

Reactions: BigjoeC
No unfortunately when i bought the car a year ago it had new no name tyres( some cheap stuff) so next time ill get something better

Also in the fuel cap should be a sticker showing tyre pressure for each model and size

Hello! I have had pirelli pzero rosso and they are very loud tires when they work few miles. Also they wear away fast. Now I have Michelin PS3 and these are silent and they work for a lot of miles.

Enviado desde mi SM-G850F mediante Tapatalk

Checked the air pressure and the rear wheels were 38 psi and the fronts were 48psi!!!!:blink:

Hi guys any advice would be appreciated.

Just purchased my A6 and it is currently sitting on pirelli p zero's on the front and back 255 35 19's The tread on the front and back is good but I'm unsure as to the age of the tyre and after doing some research it would seem the p zero's could be the reason for the increased road noise.

I understand that these are fat wheels and road noise will be an issue but is it worth me looking at a different brand?

:)

When looking for tyres, check the dB rating for road noise.

Tyrelabel

I have 18" wheels with Pzero Rossos on mine and I think they are noisy too.
I'll be looking for something quieter when these wear out.

I a
I have 18" wheels with Pzero Rossos on mine and I think they are noisy too.
I'll be looking for something quieter when these wear out.

I am running Michelin pilot sport 3, I find them very quiet.
Download

I might give those a go next time, but in my experience Pirellis seem to be made from something akin to bakelite and take ages to wear out.