A6 DIS playing up - trip function missing

CaseyJay

Reaction score
I recently installed a Concert III into my 2002 C5 to get mp3 and I expected not everything would function properly (although the sound quality is excellent, radio reception better and Aux-in is a real bonus)....

My DIS is now a bit loopy, even if I swap back for the original Symphony II.

• constant orange flashing error (either bulb or screenwash or both) even though neither are at fault
  • trip functions not operable from stalk - only see miles to empty
I have had some VCDS data/canbus errors so wonder if it's a damaged cable? Does the DIS need the stereo connected to work? appreciate any tips...

had to go back and check, reinstalled some connectors and DIS is back fully functioning.

All I need now is to see if Concert II+ will fully communicate with the C5 (some say it won't) - I have lights on, turn off when key removed, volume control, display on DIS (RDS, CD track, Aux) but no FFWD/REV or Up/Down - so part of the Canbus is working. I can live with that but want to connect my Dension GW Pro BT, which needs the Mode function on the MFSW, but not clear on the coding.

In #56 I have the radio coded for ConcertII+ (7 digits, as the 5 digits for SymII were rejected)
0310221 - same as for a B6/B7 avant

In #16 I have the C5 coding for MFSW