1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a6 diesel pump

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by hanx010, Oct 21, 2009.

1. hanx010

hanx010 New Member

hi all i've got a 1999 a6 155bhp 2.5 v6 diesel engine code AFB which suddenly stopped on me the other day. it's had diags run which come back as 'diesel pump comms fail' which is fair enough new pump i think. can i fit a pump from a 2.5 v6 163 bhp without the pump or ecu being re mapped? the part codes are different but they look identical. are they just different beacause they are mapped different? are the engine codes for the 2.5 tdi's just different because of the difference in bhp?
    any help would be welcome.
    cheers guys.
    ps lots of differents i know but i'm well confussed:sadlike:
  2. fjtwelve

fjtwelve Moderator Staff Member Moderator

As a start talk to dieselbob.co.uk. There are also other websites that will repair the VP44 pump. The pump has its own computer, pump problems are both mechanical and eletronic and both are repairable for lots less than the £3k a new pump will cost.
  3. hanx010

hanx010 New Member

thanks for the info took it to my local garage and he had it recon'd at pf jones in manchester £700 quid diesel bob quoted £500 for a repair so went for the warrenty. thanks anyway