A6 cruise control retro fitting

Ianb4310

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this forum I've just bought a 2002 A6 2.5 tdi multitronic I think it's a great car but it doesn't have cruise control fitted,I've searched on here and seen you can retro fit cruise as it is a fly by wire system
But my car doesn't have the DIS display where you get mpg etc etc
Can it still be done and what parts would I need besides the stalk and loom
Also how can I tell which bhp engine it is the guy who sold it to me said it was a 155bhp but I've found paperwork in service history to say its a 163bhp how do I tell
Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks Ian

Hi Ian, welcome to ASN. One of the guys will be along shortly to advise you. Enjoy the forum. :)

To answer your bhp question, have a look for the sticker in the boot / spare tyre area, there should be one in your service log book too near the front page. There will be a KW power rating for the engine, simply multiply this figure by 1.341 to give your bhp.

Hiya Ian, welcome along matey. Pretty sure that can be done as a retro fit. Look out NHN on the site, hes the guy who can help with retro fits.

Last edited:
Thanks you guys I've contacted Nigel and he's looking into it for me
Cheers Ian

Well I haven't heard back from Nigel in a couple of weeks does anyone know what parts I actually need to retrofit cc to my A6 it doesn't have a MF steering wheel can I use used parts
Thanks
Ian