A6 C6 Rear LED light conversion

jeffers257

Reaction score
HELP HELP !!!
I just bought an A6 which has had the rear lights replaced with 2010 model LED's by some maniac who has butcher and ruined the wire harness. The wiring has had both the rear light units and wiring harness plugs cut off so i don't know what goes where. I know it's a lot to ask but would anyone be prepared to look at there own car and list which wire goes to what light or connection. I have tried to get a wiring diagram and have been to lots of garages and a couple of auto electricians but no one seems to beable to help without the info. Until i get this i can't use the car. Please if you can help i would be very grateful. Thanks for listening.

Hi,

Information has been prepared... I will need an external email to send... please PM ...

The format it is in will be quicker for me to give plus may be easier for you to follow...

Regards
G

Reactions: Tuddie
Hi,

Information has been prepared... I will need an external email to send... please PM ...

The format it is in will be quicker for me to give plus may be easier for you to follow...

Regards
G

my email is adejeg@aol.com. I look forward to you email.

Regards jeffers257

Hi,

Email has been sent... Lowline is standard rear lights... Highline is the factory fit LED tail lights...

Hope it helps... T10x/x is what you need to ref as that as the plug which go into the taillight unit...

ATB
G

Out of curiosity, where did you buy the car from? I did a bit of VCDS coding for a guy who had carried out this LED upgrade, and it turned out he had bodged all the wires. It sounds like that same guy :/

The car came from Bramhall, Cheshire. I have wired the lights now but i am still having trouble with a cople of things. Do you know anything that might be helpful to eradicate the gremlins ? Shoot me an email to address in the previous posts and maybe we can chat ?

Regards

Long time getting back to you but I have been working overseas and only just picked up your message. The boot lid and bumper have been replaced and I am going to try to sort the gremlins out now.

yes that's correct. The lights in the boot lid are fine but the tail lights seem to have an intermittent fault. I have new rear lights to fit but I am not sure if the fault is because I have done something wrong previously. Do you know if you have to reduce the voltage or wattage as the LED's use less power or is it just a straight fit. The other thing is correcting the error codes that appear on the dash. I was told to go into the ECU and reset to highline, however using Vagcom it just says unable to connect. I was thinking of using some 5w 30ohm resistors for the rear lights and 21watt 30 ohm for the brake light and rear fog light. Do you think that would work or does anyone make or sell a plug and play unit to simply fit.

Thanks Geoff

Hi,

i have recently brought an audi a6 lemans 3.0 quattro and just had the rear facelifted ....

im looking for help with the wiring of the rear led lights.

The plugs are diffrent and i have been told i need to change a module.

Thanks .

Hi,

i have recently brought an audi a6 lemans 3.0 quattro and just had the rear facelifted ....

im looking for help with the wiring of the rear led lights.

The plugs are diffrent and i have been told i need to change a module.

Thanks .

send me your email address and i'll forward all the info and wiring diagrams I have. You won't need to change the lighting module just re code it.

Reactions: mag
Hi, i am bumping this thread because i have just done this A6 led conversion and need the wiring info ASAP! i have already had the comfort module updated.Thanks!

So you have a prefacelift A6 (2004 - 2009) with facelift (2009-2011) tail lights, boot lid, etc, etc ?
Hi Gupsterg, please could you forward me the wiring diagrams i need to complete this conversion,regards.

Hi! I also done from 2006 to 2010 saloon facelift rear end! Could someone help with wiring diagrams!? I had 10 pin connector now i need 8 pin!

Thanks in advance!
ronalds.opelts@gmail.com

Hey, i got all the parts sorted out..but now i need wiring diagram too.. can anyone send it to me please???
Tudor_vaduva@Yahoo.com is my email.. and do i need another light computer? or just coding? no new computer?

Hi guys any chance I could get help in the wiring will be much appreciated thank u

Hi all
I would be very greatful to have this wiring diagram that gupsterg has sent out. I am in the middle of this rear light facelift and could use more help many thanks martin