A6 C6 Meets Poorboys Blackhole + Natty's Blue paste wax

JimC64

Reaction score
Had a chance to give the old girl a going over this morning
wink.png
.......then cleaned the car...lol

Seriously though.....I managed to spend a few hours and got her washed / dried etc, inside hoovered / dusted etc, then broke out the Poorboys blackhole + Natty's blue paste wax.

I wouldn't say I'm a detailer by any means just an enthusiastic car owner, so not as great as some I'm sure......my photography skills aren't all that either, but hey ho......

Here she is after 1 coat of Poorboys blackhole followed by a coat of Natty's blue paste wax to seal it in.

Pretty decent shine, well pleased
approve.gif

Reactions: gupsterg, Luke2.0tdi2010 and scotty76
How did you find the Natty's Blue? I've heard you can put it on in full sun which is a plus as I don't have much shade round my house which rules out a lot of stuff.

Hi there, Nattys Blue was fine ( smells great too just like PB Blackhole )

It was easy on and fairly easy off as far as I was concerned. You can see from the pics it was a little overcast, but make no mistake it was like 22c and very humid.
To be honest, I wouldn't want to be leaving it on the car too long and certainly not in sunshine before buffing off, or you will have your work cut out for you IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I'd noticed the blurb said "You can use this in sun or shade and it’s still easy to wax on, wax off" but sounds like marketing spiel! :)

Your car's looking good.

Thanks for that. I'd noticed the blurb said "You can use this in sun or shade and it’s still easy to wax on, wax off" but sounds like marketing spiel! :)

Your car's looking good.

Thanks Scotty, appreciate the kind comments
As for the Natty's? That's just my interpretation and others may have a different view.........

Great job! At first I thought the first pic was just a pic of the sky!...lol

Wow, thanks Luke........Its comments like those that make the 4-5 hours worth of work and the end result all worthwhile:beerchug:

I thought exactly the same thing, i was looking for the car in the first pic!!!

Great Job, i have a massive soft spot for the C6, I miss mine tons

Thanks Chris, appreciate the comments

I love my A6 C6 too, even though I've had my share of problems......still lovin her after 103k + 6 years

Reactions: gupsterg
Great effort m8, I use the same poorboys products and love the finish. Pity it doesn't cover my stone chips tho :)

I'm kinda mesmerised have to admit lol.....Just wish I had a better camera.

Also wish I had the know how that the pro detailers have to get the perfect paint finish.....probably just as well I don't otherwwise I'd be scared to drive her...lol

Well u should be chuffed with the results ur getting, makes it all worth while ;) If i spend more than 3 hrs cleaning mine i get funny looks from the mrs lol. Going to put mine in for a correction detail soon, I'm not brave enough to unleash a DA with my touch of an elephant lol :)

Well u should be chuffed with the results ur getting, makes it all worth while ;) If i spend more than 3 hrs cleaning mine i get funny looks from the mrs lol. Going to put mine in for a correction detail soon, I'm not brave enough to unleash a DA with my touch of an elephant lol :)

Thanks Robbie - I don't get the funny looks anymore as its standard stuff.

I remember I did once a while ago though........I'd started to wash the car and was about halfway through when it started to rain, lightly at first, then quite heavily. I got more than a few funny looks as I stayed out and finished the wash routine, then came in soaked......lol

I'm with you on the DA though...........keepthinking about getting one and trying it out on a few scrap panels first to get the hang of it.

Looks good but still a few marks around the sun in post #10 - thought the black hole would fill them a little better tbh

Audi paint is pretty hard to damage with a DA - I've just corrected my paint with a rotary & even that took some effort!

There seems to be a lot of fear round DAs but I don't think there should be. I'm your common-or-garden village idiot and I've had my DA for 18 months. I haven't done any damage. Indeed, I have got very few scratches out! The paint is *that* hard. I mostly use it to save my aching arms and get a nice shine. I've concluded that eventually I'll save up for a pro to do the correction for me. So that's perhaps the food for thought... I'd say in a lot of cases you are better to pay a pro to correct the car than spend the money on a DA. I think looking back that's what I would have done. I still enjoy the DA and it does do a better job than by hand.

Just my 2p's worth.

Hope that helps.

How did you find the Natty's Blue? I've heard you can put it on in full sun which is a plus as I don't have much shade round my house which rules out a lot of stuff.

ive used it this afternoon and it came off easy enuff in full sun. Just do panel at a time and its even easier

Reactions: scotty76