1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 C6 Avant Rattle from drivers footwell

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)' started by johnny_m, May 9, 2013.

1. johnny_m

johnny_m Member

Hi, my Avant has developed a rattle from drivers footwell, just infront of the seat.

There seems to be a void there, does any one know what resides in there .... ?

What is the easiest way of getting to it... do I really need to take the front seat out ?

Thanks For your help in advance.
  2. gupsterg

gupsterg Active Member

I had a rattle once in drivers side area ... it was the steering adjustment handle resonating with engine revs and hitting the lower dash trim ...

This my car ... where is noise coming from the floor/dash/gearbox tunnel?

[​IMG]

I know not related to your enquiring but why I had car like above is I had repeated water issues :crying: ... stripped interior 2-3 times finally nailed it the last time :arco:Link:- The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again
  3. johnny_m

johnny_m Member

Wow, that looks like you had fun ! I had a similar problem with water ingress form the doors on my seat leon, and that resulted in a stripdown like yours !

It sounds like something loose in the air vent ducting..... and moves when you go around roundabouts.

Could you email me a hi res version of the picture as it may come in handy.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
  4. gupsterg

gupsterg Active Member

No worries, will do later today :) ... I'll see if I have any other helpful photos ;) ...
  5. fishyfish

fishyfish Member

But the... with the... and the... *faints*
    gupsterg likes this.