1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a6 c5 rear light option

tintiningram Aug 2, 2014

1. tintiningram

tintiningram Member

[​IMG]
    [IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

Im looking at relacing my rear lights as It got cracked witch will look better ? As i've got the old style lights

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  2. rhys084

rhys084 Member

Personally I'd stick to OEM. Think they look cleaner. Maybe change the orange indicator bulb that shows through for an LED.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  3. tintiningram

tintiningram Member

That's what I was thinking the top set are led standard but I am working my way through the car replacing with leds I just need to fine a pare of decent of 2002 rear lights for decent money

4. mrnice

mrnice Member

I've been looking for a pair of oems too for about 2 yrs, very expensive new or 2nd hand for what they are, good luck!

5. tintiningram

tintiningram Member

Yeah they aren't cheap witch is strange really , my other half likes the aftermarket led ones it would be nice if the ome ones had clear indicator lenses

6. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Have to admit, i quite like the aftermarket LED ones, but i fancy the tinted :) any pics of them on car?

7. tintiningram

tintiningram Member

I just asked if the lights would effect the canbus system and I was told they've never had any complaints with the lights witch is a plus it would be good to see them on a car

8. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

It's not the canbus system per se, it's the bulb check unit in the car. If they do ping an error, you can just add a resistor in to trick it.

9. tintiningram

tintiningram Member

Ah right :sm4: what size resistor would work

10. AR-rkon

Usually about a 100R 5-10w resistor does the trick. Ideally try and get the metal heatsink ones ;) they last longer...

11. tintiningram

tintiningram Member

Cool cheers for the info :)