1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 C5 Avant fog lights

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by Keggers, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Keggers

Keggers Member

[Dec 28, 2012]
    Hi, yesterday i had a light come up on the dash and it appears to be telling me theres a lamp gone on the car, there are what i think are 2 fog lamps next to the number plate but only 1 is working, any ideas how i get to this bulb to change it? thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. wesmaster

wesmaster Member

[Dec 28, 2012]
    Hi, I think only 1 is supposed to work, not 100% sure. Never checked. Will look later and post reply.
  4. deanosabby

deanosabby Member

[Dec 28, 2012]
    Yep only 1 rear fog light on them. Double check all your other lamps.
    Normally the warning light will come on when the lights are first used so if you turn the sidelights on first and the warning comes on the fault lies there.
    If you push the brake pedal and the warning comes on then a brake light will be faulty and the same applies for your headlights so just try them all one at a time.
  5. Keggers

Keggers Member

[Dec 28, 2012]
    Thanks, yes it looks like theres no lamp in both, have just started car and as soon as i put the brakes on it triggers the alarm for the light fault, both lights are working in the main light clusters but there is a slight flickering in the brake light bar over the back door! could this cause the faulkt light to register and if so how do i remove it to rectify the probem, are these lights a row of bulbs or do i need to replace a complete unit? thanks