A6 C5 2.5 155 economy

wesmaster

Reaction score
Hi all, although I have the dreaded thermostat fault with my newly acquired A6 Manual estate, I managed to average 45 mpg on a run back from Plymouth. i am going to get the A6 remapped for economy, have any of you got a much improved economy after a remap?

Thanks.
Wes

Don't do it mate. Put it simply it just does not work, a standard remap will give you a little more bhp and more torque hence you will keep the car in higher gear and thus saving fuel. Economy remaps are just a gimmick which in best cases give you 3-4 mpg and you can get that easily by driving with balerina shoes ! On a diesel the amount of fuel burned is dictated by your right feet and not some fancy map...

Don't do it mate. Put it simply it just does not work, a standard remap will give you a little more bhp and more torque hence you will keep the car in higher gear and thus saving fuel. Economy remaps are just a gimmick which in best cases give you 3-4 mpg and you can get that easily by driving with balerina shoes ! On a diesel the amount of fuel burned is dictated by your right feet and not some fancy map...

So would you recommend a performance tune? Spoke to Viezu, who said I'll get about 40 bhp and a good helping of torque.

Is this realistic?
Cheers

Yes mate, the v6 tdi has one of the best performance gains out of the box and with a re-map it get's even better !

Hi, Just an update, Had a Viezu performance remap done, Noticed a little better performance, also got the EGR mapped out. After changing MAF meter much better. Should be running at about 200 bhp now and 400 nm. Not as lively as my Golf GTTDI with 170bhp, but much bigger car.
Will get on rollers at some point and update again.
Cheers
Wes