1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 Bi Turbo

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C7 Chassis)' started by Audi Dynamik, Sep 12, 2012.

1. woollyjoe

woollyjoe Member

[Apr 18, 2014]
    I couldn't care less which is faster, but why you keep deluding yourself?

Firstly, the TFSI is NOT faster in real world conditions at initial or otherwise - see link i posted earlier. Maybe the TFSI is faster to 10mph - who knows or would measure, or care, but at no point is the TFSI faster up to 30mph and every interval thereof. I'm happy you love your TFSI, it does not mean it is not a great car.

Secondly, they still sell the TFSI especially in north America because diesel has an image problem - Americans and Canadians don't like it. They stopped selling the TFSI in UK because it is slower than the BiTDI which arrived after the TFSI and less fuel economic - it made little sense. Audi do not want people tinkering with the cars at all and they are the pioneer of niche busting cars, so they are more than happy to have micro differences between cars, as long as they sell - the TFSI didn't make a case for itself in the UK - this is why you can't buy one.

Neither A6's came with DSG - mine is what they call Multitronic - which is actually a lame auto box but could handle the torque.

Dude, you have a great car - but enough already - the point of the BiTDI is it was the fastest diesel production car in the world - it is the use of diesel which is surprising and amazing - a fast petrol car is not unusual - teh BiTDI is the subject of the post
  2. Audi Dynamik

Audi Dynamik Well-Known Member

[Apr 18, 2014]
    :sos:
  3. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

[Feb 27, 2015 at 2:53 AM]
    thread revival, I have a 2002 S3 owned and cherished for 11 years :) as a family man now I was looking at the Bi Tdi. How are those that own one finding it ??? there seems to be a lack of 2012 models for sale in fact theres not much choice out there second hand. Found 1 nice s line but its top book and has a wooden look interior :(
  4. woollyjoe

woollyjoe Member

[Feb 27, 2015 at 8:47 AM]
    The bitdi came out properly in 2013. The a6 came well specified as standard so higher spec was rare. The cost of the car could get very high also.

The s line looks much better and led headlights are rare which are impossible to retrofit so find one with LED headlights which have much more presence on the road.

It will also help to get sports suspension (much lower) for cornering. Its better at high speed control and comfort. You can tell cars with the suspension as they have a better stance and look better IMO.

Head up dispay is also rare but amazing if you can get one.

Last thing - the surround camera is essential for this car if you value your alloys. It gives a birds eye view of car when parking and given the car is large, its so useful.
  5. Scottk

Scottk New Member

[Feb 28, 2015 at 9:45 PM]
    Great cars. Mine is well specced but I wouldn't have the sports suspension as I find the s line suspension low enough and it has already scraped on a couple of speed bumps! Great economy for the performance but I need to be aware of my speed as it is too easy to get into 3 figures when you boot it up.
    I looked at getting a year old model but it actually worked out cheaper buying new with discounts. My one is coming up to a year and 20k miles. Quite tempted by the new A7 as the rear end looks better now. If I keep it I am seriously tempted by the company in Holland who remap them. One guy has seen just over 400bhp and a big increase in torque. Cost is about £1000.
  6. woollyjoe

woollyjoe Member

[Feb 28, 2015 at 10:29 PM]
    Agree with the remap. The AWD feels like it can put much more power down.

The height of the car never goes nearly low enough for speed bumps. This would be the compression on the suspension based upon speed.