A6 3.0TFSI MPG and just general views on these?

martin33100

Reaction score
Hi guys, I haven't been on here since our S3 got changed for a bigger family car (E70 X5 3.0d).
I fancy a change and as the wife does around 8k a year I may go back to a petrol hence asking about an A6 3.0 TFSI. On paper the MPG is on par with our X5 but I wondered if anyone had any real experiences with them?.
Our X5 does around 25-28mpg on mixed driving and 35-40mpg on a motorway run sticking to 70.
I know the guy that owns JKM and he said in general the 3.0TFSI's and 7 speed box are quite reliable with only a few basic issues, same again really any real experiences with them?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys, I haven't been on here since our S3 got changed for a bigger family car (E70 X5 3.0d).
I fancy a change and as the wife does around 8k a year I may go back to a petrol hence asking about an A6 3.0 TFSI. On paper the MPG is on par with our X5 but I wondered if anyone had any real experiences with them?.
Our X5 does around 25-28mpg on mixed driving and 35-40mpg on a motorway run sticking to 70.
I know the guy that owns JKM and he said in general the 3.0TFSI's and 7 speed box are quite reliable with only a few basic issues, same again really any real experiences with them?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Get the 3l bi-turbo Avant mine had a tdi tuning box and I was nudging 65 to 70 mpg on motorway runs 40 -45 on short runs

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, I don't really want another diesel car for the wife as she now doesn't do the miles.
My sister in law as the biturbo in her SQ5 and recently it spends most of its life at the dealer getting the addblue and emission control systems fixed under warranty.
If you are doing 20K plus every year up and down the motorway diesels are fine.

Reactions: vinvinian
Nice to see you on here Martin.
I agree if you don't do the mileage get a petrol. 3.0 tfsi's are generally ok not heard anything bad.

Cheers
Bobby

Hi Bobby, nice to hear from you.
I was the first person to enquire about the Audi but because I didn't want gap insurance, finance or all the extras with it they never range me back and then when I enquired a day or so later they came up with a story that one of there other dealers had sold it. It's not worth being honest now a days.
The X5 got a new MOT though so I guess it has saved me a few grand not changing it at the mo.

I see you say it's gone now so it's a moot point but I was debating between the 3.0L petrol and the diesel. This review does a road trip comparison which I found quite useful