A6 2016/17 front grill

Stuhil

Reaction score
whilst holidaying in Italy I spied this a6 sline. Would love to have the grill set up to display my small number plate. Ive looked at the sport net link to the parts manual but struggling to make sense of which grill I need.

Attachments

• IMG_8083.PNG
    IMG_8083.PNG
    550.2 KB · Views: 719
Look at the grills here

There are different grills in different markets, and it's not clear from the picture if the grill is all chrome bars, or part chrome like the S6. :racer:

Look at the grills here

There are different grills in different markets, and it's not clear from the picture if the grill is all chrome bars, or part chrome like the S6. :racer:
I'm on my smart phone. If I tap on the image I can bring it up full screen, not sure if this is something you can do, if so expand the pic and you'll see all horizontal bars are chrome.

Got it.

I'm wondering if he's done this himself?

I can see that there is also a chrome strip around the lower grills and across the bottom of the front bumper. Definitely not OEM.

You can get push on chrome strips, and l wonder if he's put that onto a standard grill??

Though that was just a USA spec sline grille?

Attachments

• 20170723_230722.png
    20170723_230722.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 330
Its a European car - as it's in Italy.

I think it's possibly the grill from a 2016/17 Base or SE model - as it doesn't have an S-Line bumper.

I was thinking something like this here would be the easiest to get the look.

On the parts list, the code PR-4ZD means "bright moulding" (chrome)

Your best way of identifying the correct part, is to find a UK car with the same grill (look on Autotrader or on your local dealer forecourt) note the registration number and then visit your local parts department and ask.

I think it's possibly the grill from a 2016/17 Base or SE model - as it doesn't have an S-Line bumper.

Your best way of identifying the correct part, is to find a UK car with the same grill (look on Autotrader or on your local dealer forecourt) note the registration number and then visit your local parts department and ask.

Aware that that is a car from Italy in the first post, however my comment is that the USA spec S-Line get that Grille, as some states do not require front plates.

Reactions: Stuhil
Aware that that is a car from Italy in the first post, however my comment is that the USA spec S-Line get that Grille, as some states do not require front plates.

I had look on Autotrader, and it seems like its a regular grill, fitted to the Ultra versions of the A6....

I had look on Autotrader, and it seems like its a regular grill, fitted to the Ultra versions of the A6....
Unless i have misinterpreted, the original question was where to get a grille like the one in the photo, that doesnt have the number plate mount. Thus allowing the OP to display a shortened plate without still having the big ugly plate mou t behind it.

Hence why i suggested that the USA spec cars can come with that type of grille.

Unless i have misinterpreted, the original question was where to get a grille like the one in the photo, that doesnt have the number plate mount. Thus allowing the OP to display a shortened plate without still having the big ugly plate mou t behind it.

Hence why i suggested that the USA spec cars can come with that type of grille.
Thanks ross27. You interpreted correctly. Exactly the look I'm trying to achieve on my 2017 a6 avant Sline ultra. I viewed the parts manual that audi-sportnet provide a link for but couldn't fathom out what part numbers would apply, I was hoping for some assistance from someone who worked in audi parts or someone more savvy than me to help me out.

It was definitely an A6 Sline ultra identical to my own other than the number plate holder area and as you say, different finish at the lower bumber. On inspection there was nothing 'home made' about it.

There are different numberplate mounting options for the higher specification grills.

See here and here
Thanks for the links. Where did you find this? On my return from holiday yesterday a transit van scraped my full near side. Thankfully he has admitted liability to my insurer on the spot. As the car is going in to the audi Bodyshop I might just get them to do this for me. Still, I'd appreciated the link to make it easier to discuss it with them.

RAF s7....sorry I see it is a link you ve posted, I thought it was a screen shot. From the looks of it I don't need a full new grill, just a centre section replacement and a small number plate holder....would you agree?

RAF s7....sorry I see it is a link you ve posted, I thought it was a screen shot. From the looks of it I don't need a full new grill, just a centre section replacement and a small number plate holder....would you agree?

If you have an S-Line then yes. Im pretty sure the lower spec models don't have the removable centre section on the front grill.

BTW, these OEM parts are quite expensive. You may want to submit a parts request via the forum (Tab at the top of the page) You get quite a reasonable discount doing it this way.