a6 2.7t.... help needed (s4 engine)

A pressure test would reveal a leak in that hose.

Do you still think the shunt isn't mechanical? As mentioned, it does sound like mine. I'm swapping my gearbox out the lsat week in May. Will report back then.

boost leak test doen, all was fine, dv's are fine and i think the shunting is my rear diff as if i pull away quickly while turning it sounds like a load of chains rattling around............ also my mate done a vag com run and said all looked okay apart from the vag com was reading a different temp to what the dash gauge was running and said, although im hitting a full 1.2 bar of boost, the torque is quite flat in some gears, he said it feels like its holding back???

Hey.......
i have an a6 2.7t, same engine as the s4, did originally post this in the a6 forum, but they recommend posting here.....

okay, straight to the point....... 1st ptoblem, when im driving normally i take my foot off the pedal and the car feels like some has just drove up my A$se! Like a shunt. Does it all the time(except for the first 5 minutes from cold) any ideas??

2nd problem, sometimes my boost drops, mostly to 0.3/0.4 bar (currently running 1.1 from a re-map) it does under NO specific load, sometimes if i floor it, sometimes i can be just driving under load (apx .8 bar) then all of a suddeni can hear the bovs dump and it will drop to 0 and get the shunt back, as if i took my foot off the pedal.

any help would be great

its been a while........ but shunting problem solved....... its the temp sensor!!!

for nearly 15 months iv had a shunting problem that never has been solved (like some one drives up the back of me when taking foot of gas pedal) with the temp sensor unplugged, its gone!!!! its actually gone, the £££££ spent on trying to solve that problem, ie, new clutch/fly wheel, recon diff, hours of audi main dealer diagnostics..... not happy coz of the money but happy that the problem has been solved...... only found out this as also i had a starting problem, took ages to start when cold, so unplugged the temp sensor and killed 2 birds with one stone :)