1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a6 2.7t.... help needed (s4 engine)

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by audi-a6, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

[May 11, 2012]
    A pressure test would reveal a leak in that hose.

Do you still think the shunt isn't mechanical? As mentioned, it does sound like mine. I'm swapping my gearbox out the lsat week in May. Will report back then.
  2. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

[May 11, 2012]
    Have you checked your DV's are holding pressure?
  3. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[May 11, 2012]
    boost leak test doen, all was fine, dv's are fine and i think the shunting is my rear diff as if i pull away quickly while turning it sounds like a load of chains rattling around............ also my mate done a vag com run and said all looked okay apart from the vag com was reading a different temp to what the dash gauge was running and said, although im hitting a full 1.2 bar of boost, the torque is quite flat in some gears, he said it feels like its holding back???
  4. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[Dec 9, 2012]

its been a while........ but shunting problem solved....... its the temp sensor!!!

for nearly 15 months iv had a shunting problem that never has been solved (like some one drives up the back of me when taking foot of gas pedal) with the temp sensor unplugged, its gone!!!! its actually gone, the £££££ spent on trying to solve that problem, ie, new clutch/fly wheel, recon diff, hours of audi main dealer diagnostics..... not happy coz of the money but happy that the problem has been solved...... only found out this as also i had a starting problem, took ages to start when cold, so unplugged the temp sensor and killed 2 birds with one stone :)