A6 2.7t engine swap?

Majic

Reaction score
Hi.

So for a month or two now im trying to put a list of power mods i want to throw on my a4 this year.

Till now my mods to do list was like this. In this order also

Custom turbo back exhaust
New dv
N75
K300
Fmic
380cc injectors
Remap

All this would cost me £2k+

But what if i can get hold of a healthy 2.7t bi turbo from 2001 a6 that will cost me £700 and i get a whole car in good condition.

My questions:

Wouldnt a swap be much better and cheaper in my case? ( dont need to pay anyone for work)

Can i use other parts from a6 as well? Like clutch, gearbox?

Thanks

Reactions: QuattroCalum
Personally, I would go with the 2.7T swap. It produces decent power in stock form, and sounds a lot nicer than the 4 cylinder motor.

Wouldnt this be a lovely motor with 2.7t? :D

Attachments

• DSC_0032[1].JPG
    DSC_0032[1].JPG
    945.4 KB · Views: 272
r9l6as.jpg

Recentyl sprayed grill with plasti dip. Liked at first but the longer its there the less i like it.

Nice!

Of course if you dont have to pay anyone for the work the 2.7T swap would be great.
Yes, it will sound nicer and the power with all the appropriate mods will be NICE.

Reactions: QuattroCalum
I`m acutally looking in to keeping the a6 instead of a4. Would not need to do the swap. And a6 c5 is a ugly duckling that with some tasty visual mods can become a swan lol. I also know having 2.7t in a4 b6 is such a cool thing :). Cant make up my mind.

I would go with the A4. The A6 is a real ugly car.

Reactions: DrStrange
You would never make the a6 as special as an 2.7t b6 much move satisfaction

Reactions: DieselJake
Gotta with all above.

Gosh the A6 is an ugly spawn from Audi..yuk..

Well. Plans changed. Looking for a a6 c5 allroad 2.7bit. going to have a look at one on Saturday. My a4 is going up for sale this saturday btw.

I have a beautiful red b6 wagon for which I just pulled a 2.7t I was hoping we could go through this together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

If only the A4 B6 had the legroom of the A6, coming from a Passat to the A4 I know the difference but yeah I know what you mean as regards styling, it just goes to pot at the boot, what were they thinking?

Why not go for 4.2 ??? You can pick up an a8 for not much money

Yes that's what I ment .. 4.2 into a b6

Think you would get one turbo in but it would be a tight fit

Nollywood is looking for some attention I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrStrange