1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 2.5TDI AVANT QUATTRO O/S REAR RATTLE?

Gnasher Apr 16, 2007

1. Gnasher

Gnasher Gansher

I have noticed recently that im getting a rattle on the O/S rear when going over bumps. I think it dissapears when breaking. Had car jacked up and wheel off nothing seems loose sounds like exhaust but have given this a good wobble and anything else that i could think of wobbling too im thinking it may be more serious? any ideas?
    :think:

2. meatychi

meatychi Member

It could be your drop link!

When I mentioned noise coming form my nsf they replaced a drop link. It didnt cure my problem because mine turned out to be the CV joint.

3. fjtwelve

fjtwelve Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Also check shock absorber. Same problem on A4 we just sold.

4. Gnasher

Gnasher Gansher

Seems logical but it seems to dissapear if i apply the handbrake slightly....i was thinking its somthing to do with the brakes? The sound is like a piece of tinny metal being draged down the road.:banghead:

5. Gnasher

Gnasher Gansher

Finally found the rattle..... even had garage look at it and they couldnt find it. I decided to take the brakes out at the back and found that a spring had gone missing from one of the pads. New pads fitted in 2hr15and cost me my time and £16.99 for the pads.