1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A6 1999 tdi saloon boot light switch?

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by alibob, Jan 3, 2010.

1. alibob

alibob Liskeard Classic Cars

[Jan 3, 2010]
    Along with all the "central locking/comfort windows with a mind of their own" problems I notice that the boot light has stopped working.

I have tested the bulb and it is ok so I was wondering how the light is operated.......I think it may be connected to the other issue.

Once again your help is much appreciated.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. DGSdale

DGSdale Member

[Jan 3, 2010]
    The boot light is operated via the microswitch clipped to the bootlid latch mechanism (red & blue wires). Its this m/switch that tells the central locking/convenience module that the bootlid is open (or closed).
  4. alibob

[Jan 26, 2010]
    Hello DGSdale....

I have stripped everything in the boot to the point where I can see the solenoids (Is the white one passive?) and although everything looks fine I haven't got to the point of taking the boot latch off. The bulb is definately OK but there is no power getting to it so can I safely presume that it is the latch?
    I can't see where the wires from the latch attach to a connector to the rest of the boot loom. Do you know if a new latch is needede or is it just a seperate micro-switch.
    Cheers fo ant help as this is now startting to drive me mental.
  5. alibob

[Jan 26, 2010]
    I actually got stopped by the Bizzies on the way home 2 nights ago on the A38 because they wondered why I was flashing my interior lights!! I explained that it was nothing compared with the sound of the solenoids in all 4 doors trying to lock and unlock when they feel like it.
    I didnt mention the self-opening "Comfort" window problem as he was obviously bored to tears already.