1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A5/S5 Drivers - How Do Other Road Users Treat You?

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by TuffLittleUnit, Oct 9, 2007.

1. TuffLittleUnit

TuffLittleUnit Member

[Oct 9, 2007]
    I was just wondering if A5 drivers had noticed any change of behaviours from other road users. When I last had a coupe, a Celica vvti, it was just a few months after the car had come out and they were rare on the roads. I suddenly found that other drivers stopped letting me out of junctions, cutting me up on the motorway etc. I also found that young lads in particular became very confrontational - at one point in the Bradford area a car with 3 occupants actually tried to force me into oncoming traffic (no doubt about it, when they saw me coming up behind them they slowed to 20mph on a very wide 60mph road then sped up weaving from side to side when I tried to pass).

I'm seriously considering an A5 and just wanted to know if the car attracted this sort of negative attention.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. a4cab18t

a4cab18t New Member

[Apr 5, 2008]
    looks are quite understated so don't get too much attention from the chav-element. The daytime running lights do make people look twice though but you can turn them off if you want.

Someone tried to race me off the lights in a souped up corrado. He didn't stand a chance....!

(A5 3.0 TDI Sport)
    Andy
  4. Frazpas

Frazpas New Member

[Apr 7, 2008]
    No problems for me so far with mine. The only changes I notice is that at least 2 lads in chaved cars stopped to take a picture and others have stared, for minutes at a time....
  5. killa_z

killa_z Couped Out

[May 31, 2008]
    2 days with mine and treatment is good and friendly, its a real looker, people will watch it all day (probably wondering what it is as most people dont even know about this model!), i suppose the area/people you live in/around is a factor

am very pleased with the car so far