A5 performance and fuel boost

rhystowey

Reaction score
Website
rhystowey.com
I'm looking to boost my Audi A5 2.0 TDI 170 bhp (2013 coupe) in both performance and fuel economy. I've seen you can get a +57 bhp increase from a stage 1 remap at Celtic Tuning. I've also seen that you can get performance chips that anyone can fit themselves which are much cheaper but provide slightly less increase. One thing I'm concerned about is voiding my engine warranty.

What's the cheapest but best solution to this without voiding my warranty? Thanks in advance

The tuning boxes are typically safer, warranty wise, as you can just remove them when it goes in for any work.

Heard positive things from DTUK boxes. Was even tempted to get one for my S5, since a proper remap isn't available on my car yet (updated ECU from 2015 onwards...).

That being said, I think either option has a degree of risk associated....something about a 'TD1' code showing on the logs. Hopefully someone more knowledgable than me can shed light on that.

A DTUK tuning box is the best option on the TDI that is warranty friendly (if removed).
They only take 5 minutes to fit. It takes longer making the cable runs tidy with cable ties.
I had one on my 190ps TDI and it was very good with the user selectable +1, +2, +3 settings.

I would of fitted one on my TFSi but a Burger Motorsport JB1 module gives me more customisation (but still removable).