1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A5 or S5

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by squeeker, Mar 2, 2013.

1. squeeker

squeeker New Member

[Mar 2, 2013]
    I'm currently looking to buy either an A5 or S5. In either my preference is petrol & a slight preference for automatic at present but not too fussed about auto or manual. I'm a low mileage driver, probably only doing something in the region of 4k per year.

If buying the A5 I'd be looking at the s line or black edition & would probably want something no older than 2 years. Ideally I'd be trying for low £20's but up to mid £20's.

If buying the S5 I'll be looking around the £30k mark & so will probably be looking at something close to 3 years old. If i kept for 3-5 years what sort of maintenance issues am i likely to have as the car approaches 8 years old & what sort of costs are these likely to incur?

What is peoples advice / preference when buying? If i set a budget of say £30k, what is your preference, buy an older version of the higher spec car (ie the S5) or buy a newer version of the lower spec car (ie the A5)?

Is there much difference between repair & servicing costs of the A5 & S5?

Is there anything in particular that I should look at / ask when viewing either of these cars?
    Any particular maintenance issues people have had with these cars?

Any advice / assistance would be much appreciated.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. Chris79

Chris79 On my 3rd A4! RS4 next???

[Mar 31, 2013]
    Hi Squeeker,

I'm in the same position, been on a few test drives and a tiptronic S5 is the one for me! Always had manuals but it didn't feel as nice to me. Go and have a look. S5's should be a higher spec.

Good luck!