1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a5 on twin 7 spoke grey 19"

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by mdwebb, Jul 12, 2010.

1. mdwebb

mdwebb New Member

[Jul 12, 2010]
    if anyone has noticed i bought some new wheels for my car only to find that a4 wheels dont fit an a5, after talking to many garages and other car moders i decided that i should go for it and make them fit, needing to take 3mm of all the way around i used a tool that i use for trimming of laminate edging surprisingly this worked and took 2mm off, all i need to do tomorrow is make a jig up for router to do the remaining 1.6mm.
    can i have your opinions on what iam doing, cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. invisible

invisible New Member

[Jul 28, 2010]
    What are you having to trim, the exterior rim or the bolt holes as the PCD on the A4 aand A5 are different?

If its a PCD issue there is a product called 'wobbly bolt' believe it or not that cater for slight differences in PCD and are specially designed to assist in this.

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable 'shaving' alloys, thread or otherwise as possibility of weakening the wheel.

WOuld like to see pictures, before and after and on the car out of interest though