A5 LED Daytime Running Lights

A5 Fizzy

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone could help me please?

Been looking for an A5 for a while now. Got a list of the optional extras I want. One of them is the "LED Daytime Runnings Lights" as I think they stand out more than the older versions.

My current car I have similar lights but they also move, left right etc. Adaptive lighting this is called. I thought the LED lights on the A5 did this but I'm not 100% that they actually do.

If I do find an A5 with moving front headlights, is this optional extra called the Xenon Plus?

Thanks again.

The S-line and above cars have bi-Xenon headlights as standard. The swivelling headlights were an additional option "8Q5 -Adaptive Light"

The SE cars have halogen lights as standard. The swivelling Xenon headlights were an additional option "PX1+8Q5 -Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with LED running lights". It is quite rare to find an SE with this expensive option as it was easier, and hence popular, to buy an S-line

The S-line and above cars have bi-Xenon headlights as standard. The swivelling headlights were an additional option "8Q5 -Adaptive Light"

The SE cars have halogen lights as standard. The swivelling Xenon headlights were an additional option "PX1+8Q5 -Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with LED running lights". It is quite rare to find an SE with this expensive option as it was easier, and hence popular, to buy an S-line

I'm after a Black Edition. Just shocked as I thought this would be a good extra to have. But obviously it's money. I have these on my current car and they're worth every penny.

Think you helped me out beforeBeemaboy with some questions I had. Thanks for the reply.

I bought a Black Edition recently and it was an expensive option to add. Mind you, I see lots of Seats running about that use the left or right fog light when turning. Not a difficult thing to do, nor expensive to add. Audi don't seem to like to do the cheap and useful addon....

I bought a Black Edition recently and it was an expensive option to add. Mind you, I see lots of Seats running about that use the left or right fog light when turning. Not a difficult thing to do, nor expensive to add. Audi don't seem to like to do the cheap and useful addon....

Not a fan of the fog light coming on whilst turning, each to their own though. What Black Edition did you buy? You enjoying it?

Having at look at the optional extras and it's around £1130.

You can enable fog light cornering with VCDS, It's a 2 second job, not quite the same effect though.

Not a fan of the fog light coming on whilst turning, each to their own though. What Black Edition did you buy? You enjoying it?

A5 2.0TDi Quattro.
Yep thoroughly. Have a very good dealer as well.
Have a read at my build topic.

A5 2.0TDi Quattro.
Yep thoroughly. Have a very good dealer as well.
Have a read at my build topic.

Just had a read...

Wow, you had some trouble along the way. But aslong as you are happy, it makes it all worth it.

I'm after a Black Edition in white or Daytona Grey. Just hard finding the spec I want. So I have a deposit but adding to it each week. Will get a petrol as I don't drive that many miles due to my work van. I go on audi.co.uk most days to see what A5 Black Editions they have. So expected to get one ha.

If you have an SE model the the cost to add Adaptive headlights is £1130 - if you have the Black Edition where Xenons are part of the spec , the adaptive light option is £330.

Reactions: A5 Fizzy
I found it strange my leon that cost £15k less than my A5 s line has the adaptive xenons as standard, fog lights are useless but the bendy lights make night driving much better.

I found it strange my leon that cost £15k less than my A5 s line has the adaptive xenons as standard, fog lights are useless but the bendy lights make night driving much better.

It's crazy. I have adaptive lighting on my car. They move left right, up down etc. £1200 added extra but worth every penny.