A5? Can you fit a newer model front end???

Dougall

A5 Information needed!
Reaction score
Looking for advice on changing the front end of my 2010 model A5 Special Edition to a newer year if possible? Unfortunately had the front end damaged in an accident and wondered if it was possible to upgrade whilst spending money on her?

Can the bonnet, bumper and lights be replaced by simply removing the existing and fitting a newer models in its place? Apologies, I'm not very well educated in regards to car modding!

If it's like every other model front end facelif tyou'll need bonnet, bumper, wings, slam panel and other misc bits in behind the bumper (polystyrene bits etc).

If it's like every other model front end facelif tyou'll need bonnet, bumper, wings, slam panel and other misc bits in behind the bumper (polystyrene bits etc).
Thanks for the reply mate! I basically crashed the front end and I need to replace the wing bonnet and bumper anyway so this is what got me thinking? So is the best way to buy a 2015 model front end and have it fitted? Where's the best place to have this done, any advice? As previously stated, I'm not really experienced in car modifications

Hi Dougall, you should find some info on this if you have a look on A5-OC, I think there's a few who have completed this mod. Oh and you'll need to change the headlights and get them coded to suit your car.
JG

I found it just after replying to you, cheers mate! Noticed your Ayrshire? I'm Glasgow town centre

Dougall,
it may be worth your while joining A5-OC and posting a parts number request for you conversion to facelift front end, at least that'll give you an idea of what you need, and may be a cost aswell. Remember there's a difference between S-Line and SE model parts, although I think most who have done the conversion go down the S-Line route, makes sense I suppose. Probably better getting all the parts from the same car if your going to use second hand parts, new will cost you an absolute fortune from dealer.
JG

If you after s line bits i have s bonnet and front bumper for a 2012 audi a5, they are in black and in good condition... Front bumper £150 and bonnet £75, buy both for £200...

Reactions: Ozmeister786
If you after s line bits i have s bonnet and front bumper for a 2012 audi a5, they are in black and in good condition... Front bumper £150 and bonnet £75, buy both for £200...

Hiya mate

Long shot but.. do you still have those parts available at all?? TIA