A5 3.0tdi Quattro S-tronic first review

dragon

Reaction score
Hi all,

After a 15month spell in an S3 I decided to return to an A5 coupe for reasons of practicality and the fact in my opinion it's one of the best looking cars on the road.

I managed to source a nearly new Daytona Grey model one week before a 2500mile trip around France.

I can honestly say I've enjoyed every moment of my trip. What an engine!! And my first S-Tronic box will not be the last. It's been stress free for the wife and two kids and frugal returning 42mpg over the course of the trip. The ACC and lane assist options have made the peage trips a breeze. The Audi connect live traffic and google maps were excellent and avoided a lot of snarl ups.

It's drawn admiring glances and positive comments since the day I drove it home.

I'm glad to be back in the A5 fold (it must be an age thing).

Reactions: JohnboyC, Swanny356, mister.c. and 2 others
I very much agree. This is my first automatic and I absolutely love it - I can't see that I'll ever go back to a manual.
I too love the ACC and lane assist on motorway journeys. I also have side assist since I'm one of those drivers who needs the extra help to not move over right in front of someone else!

Reactions: Sandra
Glad you guys enjoying your cars. Have a good weekend ;) x

Sandra - isn't it yet time for another tune?:butterfly:

Dragon - get updating that profile mate, time to say goodbye to the S3.:bye:

Having owned mine for nearly 18mths I've just done my longest journey. Midlands to York to Cheltenham to Forest of Dean to New Forest and back to the Midlands.

40 mpg average, soooo comfortable and relaxing on the motorway, no clutch foot in traffic and the paddle shift is just sublime on those sweeping B roads for overtaking. My 6 year old daughter even prompts me for Sport on long straights (being a loving father who am I to deny her?).:racer:

Always used to say that Diesel automatics were for old men only but the car has totally changed my view of what a good car is! :yahoo:

Reactions: dragon