A5 2.0 Turbo (225Hp) views?

S

Simonb1975

Does anyone here have the A5 2.0T (225Hp). I will sometime be test driving one in sportback guise.
The current toss up is between that and the 2.0 diesel.
Coming from a focus St I would naturally prefer petrol but would like some views on the 225

thanks

Depending on age oil consumption can be an issue on the 2.0TFSi engine but other than that I haven't noticed too much of a problem with them. What sort of age are you looking at?

I drove a 2.0TDi as a hire car for two weeks and I didn't gel with it at all. It doesn't have the refinement of the 3.0 diesel and to me felt like the engine wasn't the greatest match for the car (with a manual box). Felt clunky and a bit agricultural for a coupe. Whether S-Trinon would improve matters?????

Like you I'm a long term petrol person (Golf GTi / Leon Cupra R / S3), and whilst I respect diesels I don't love them. My wife had a very quick Ibiza diesel and I couldn't warm to it. I think you have to extended test drive both and go from there as both are reasonably reliable.

Thanks. Which ever i choose will be new this time.
I had looked at the s3 saloon although the boots a little small (not that i'm discounting it). Have cast a few glances at the s4/5 but i'd need a decent discount to even get started on those.

Drove an S3 saloon (mapped) this week and it was astonishingly good. Felt more precise than the S5 other than in fast corners where the S5's sports diff works miracles. I like the S5 but do find it a touch on the large side. That said I think the interior feels slightly better put together.

I think new, the 225 engine is fine AFAIK.

S4/5 is worth a look - take a look at the usual brokerage sites (Drive the Deal, Orange Wheels etc) there are definitely discounts to be had, especially with the possibility of a new one out in the next couple of years.

I've checked the brokers for s 4/5's. Higher fuel cost might be the only issue. Having said that the focus is returning 29.8 so maybe not so bad

I'm in the same boat, would prefer the petrol and the facelift 225PS model fits the bill perfectly but doesn't appear to be a lot of information about on them.

Revo I notice don't even have software/map for the engine yet and it's been out since 2012!

I have 2014 2.0 TFSI quattro 225. I had the previous model (211) ... and what can I say? .. it's like the old one with a bit more power and doesn't use oil like it used to :) It's referred to as EA888 Gen 3 - you can find technical details googling this ..

Reactions: Shrek5