1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A5 2.0 TFSI QUATTRO - REMAP

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by Simon1, May 9, 2011.

1. Simon1

Simon1 New Member

[May 9, 2011]
    Hello All

Recently collected collected the above on an 11 plate and have read alot on here about remaps. Can someone explain what they do and how it improves the cars performance? I am based in Herts, who is recommended locally?

Thanks

SB
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. iwBen

iwBen Be Gentle VCDS Map User

[May 9, 2011]
    Hey Simon.

I have no idea if they are "recommended" but VWCruise (aka Happy Dayz?) Are in Hemel Hempstead.
    I've never used them for anything, all I know is that they offer just about every A3 and A5 retrofit (as well as remaps) and that they are pretty close to you. Would have to ask around and see what people say about them - their website is here Home - Vw & Audi Sat Nav, Bluetooth , TV Tuners, Cruise Control Installations UK

Get some pics up of your car when you get a chance :) I picked up my new 2.0TDI Black Edition just a couple of weeks ago. Sad to see my A3 go but the A5 is a beautiful machine!
  4. auroan

auroan Active Member

[May 10, 2011]
    Erm.... VWCruise (aka Happy Dayz?) are retro fitters, not tuners.
  5. solaris

solaris Member

[May 10, 2011]
    Not exactly local but have a word with Tim Budgen from Storm Developments (be sure to mention me!)They have put a cracking map on my car, all for a very reasonable £290. I highly recommend them.
    Cheers
    Yatty
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  6. iwBen

[May 10, 2011]
    Yeah alright, but they offer remaps through a third party. On this page it appears they use a company called Celtic Tuning (site here). Never used either company, so just given that Solaris can vouch for the guys at Storm Developments Simon should take them more seriously anyway.

Let us know who you decide to go with as and when! :)
  7. Simon1

Simon1 New Member

[May 17, 2011]
    Gentlemen

Thanks very much for your comments. I can't be far off the mid point between Reading and Hemel so will have a chat with both of them and find out what they say.

IwBen - your car looks very slick, I really do like the look of your wheels - hope that they are secured well and your car is garaged over night. Around where I live BMW's, Audi's and Porsche's have been jacked up in the middle of the night and the wheels have been pinched. On the BMW it took forever to get new wheels. Will get some pictures of what we bought and upload them - really pleased with it; just can't get the wife off of the drivers seat!!!

Sb
  8. DJM1982

DJM1982 Member

[May 17, 2011]
    AMD at Lakeside (essex) are very good, thats who done my A4 TDi (and previous LCR).
  9. rickky

rickky New Member

[May 28, 2011]
    Hi simon.

You can take ur car to the Audi in hatfield.Go to the service desks,tell them you want to remap the ecu.They will arrange for you,,i think it cost around 300+.
  10. iwBen

[May 28, 2011]
    Thanks Simon :) I do worry, but am relatively safe. I live in a secluded area in a private estate, car lives on the driveway with a cover over it most of the time. Either way I had one of the wheels off last weekend and it took quite a bit of effort, the caps over the nuts are buried (surrounded by the alloy) making them very hard to get off. But even to get that far you'd have to jack up the car (a long way with the lowered springs!) without setting the tilt sensor off! All outside my bedroom window :D

If someone got them off, frankly they'd deserve them for the effort :p

A remap from an Audi garage? o_O
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  11. rickky

rickky New Member

[May 28, 2011]
    Yes,,i was quite surprised .but its true..
    I am not sure any others.. I am sure the one in hatfield they do.
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  12. Simon1

Simon1 New Member

[Jun 3, 2011]
    Funny that, the car came from Hatfield and the Sales rep said that if they done it we would be in the £1K region. He suggested Richter in Milton Keynes as the people who they recommend.