A4b7 with Passat calipers

David Cox

Reaction score
Hi, new member, got an avant with 288 mm discs, was looking to upgrade as not brilliant, question is can I use the mk5 golf, 2007 Passat 312 calipers and a4 discs as easier to find, thinking is the Porsche 6 pot conversion uses same parts/discs on both a4 and golf.
Or will mk2 TT calipers fit, 340 mm if possible? Thanks

Hi, new member, got an avant with 288 mm discs, was looking to upgrade as not brilliant, question is can I use the mk5 golf, 2007 Passat 312 calipers and a4 discs as easier to find, thinking is the Porsche 6 pot conversion uses same parts/discs on both a4 and golf.
Or will mk2 TT calipers fit, 340 mm if possible? Thanks

18zr/zl fantastic conversion run a 345mm disc off an ml350 I know where there is a set of refurb calipers and pads and pins if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18z is the ultimate for it, but after something little more affordable at moment, maybe in time. When mentioned the Porsche setup its because same on golf and a4 or so I believe, except a4 the merc disc needs boring out, on golf needs spigot, 67-68, 65-67 respectively. So presumably the golf calipers will fit A4 as theory is same except centre bore in disc so just use equivalent size?

18z is the ultimate for it, but after something little more affordable at moment, maybe in time. When mentioned the Porsche setup its because same on golf and a4 or so I believe, except a4 the merc disc needs boring out, on golf needs spigot, 67-68, 65-67 respectively. So presumably the golf calipers will fit A4 as theory is same except centre bore in disc so just use equivalent size?

Not sure about a golf but A4 does need the disc boring 0.9mm to be a good fit on the hub

Thanks for info, but just wondered if anyone knows if Passat/golf/TT calipers will go on the a4? Same 145mm mounting I believe, just thinking of disc to caliper centralising ie if disc lines up?
May do 18z in time.

If using merc ml discs the bore requires adjustment to fit but there are several other 345 discs that will fit on without any modifications.
the golf setup for 18z uses different height discs to that on a4 b7.
I'd be looking at 320mm discs and calipers from the other a4 b7 variants as a straight forward retrofit, lots around and not silly money for used calipers and lots of discs options / costs.

Rim13

Reactions: David Cox
2008 onwards S5 V8 discs go straight on with no fettling on the 18Z setup. I know cos I’ve done it :wink:

Reactions: David Cox and Charlie Farley
here you go.
b8 s4's do aswell.

Disc4

Thanks for info, but just wondered if anyone knows if Passat/golf/TT calipers will go on the a4? Same 145mm mounting I believe, just thinking of disc to caliper centralising ie if disc lines up?
May do 18z in time.

I’ve also got discs and pads and calipers off my A4 2005 not sure on the disc size I’m sure someone on here will know!!!

David, I've just posted an ad in the classifieds for a set of 320mm sline Se calipers discs and pads, don't think I'm too far from you too, Sheffield!

David, I've just posted an ad in the classifieds for a set of 320mm sline Se calipers discs and pads, don't think I'm too far from you too, Sheffield!
Nice one, I'm away at the moment on holiday, but I'm gonna work out my plan, its a good deal,just have to find few bits to go with. Cheers