1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A43 Truvelo question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jesters3, Sep 27, 2006.

1. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 27, 2006]
    Morning, on the A43 from the M40 to the M1 there are 3 Truvelos. One either side on the dual carriage going up the hill and one more further down nearer the M1 J15 on the otherside of the dual carriageway. This one is a forward facing camera I understand, but I was on the other side doing a rate of knots the other way...

Does anyone know whether this will catch me out? It was last week so still have a week for the NIP to potentially come through it does!

Your info is appreciated.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. icenutter

icenutter Member

[Sep 27, 2006]
    The truvelo cameras work by measuring your speed as you pass over some wires buried in the road. Photos are taken to provide evidence. So if you don't pass over the sensors then it can't measure your speed.
  4. filipharvey

filipharvey Amusing Tagline

[Sep 27, 2006]
    I was once travelling towards one of these at 3 figure speeds (back in the day, when I was a calibra driver!), anyway, I wasn't really paying much attention to things on the side of the road, they had just put those coloured reflectors down, red green and white, and the sunset was making them look really pretty! Anyway, I looked up and saw this thing, stamped on my brakes, and went over the sensors (3 white lines painted on the road) at 40mph (60 limit), that was lucky, no ticket!

So, yes, you do have to go over the white lines, over the speed limit to get caught, and they work in either direction. It knows which direction the speeding car was heading by which of the 3 line sensors were hit first!
  5. neil.c

neil.c Senior

[Sep 27, 2006]
    Got caught by that very camera 5 years ago, so it does work but I was on the same side of the road as the camera. I doubt it covers the other side of the road as there is some armco between you and the camera :)
  6. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 28, 2006]
    Cheers for the info, better go and have a look at the road to see if there are any strips to make sire. Just annoyed with myself, as I knew that there are three cameras but after the first two I just booted it and forgot about it. Still better reason to get a snooper now...
  7. Nigma

Nigma Yakshimash!

[Sep 28, 2006]
    The truvello cameras can only be configured to cover one direction or the other (not both if on a dual-caridgeway).
  8. filipharvey

filipharvey Amusing Tagline

[Sep 28, 2006]
    There are 2 types, Single direction, with only 2 strips and Both direction with 3 strips.

The single direction are usually forward facing.

So if it only has 2 strips and was facing the other traffic and not you, you will be fine!