1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 Turbo Fault?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by abbsy3, Feb 1, 2011.

1. abbsy3

abbsy3 New Member

Hi, I used to have a TT, and you could hear and feel it when the Turbo kicked in. I have just bought a A4 1.8T (2003) Engine code BFB, and does not seem to have any boost. There are no codes recorded, and not indicating it is in limp mode. Would appreciate a few pointers to look at please.
    Would have expected a ECU error code if the turbo is not working. I have not changed any parts yet, but hope the turbo has not gone!
    No abnormal smoke from the exhaust.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

The power delivery between a 225hp TT and a 163hp B6 A4 is going to be worlds apart. The turbo on the A4 only makes 8psi or so, and is mainly intended to give you a nice torque boost in the midrange, rather than make it properly quick like the TT setup.

If you know someone with vagcom you can log the boost pressure while accellerating and make sure its as expected.

4. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

id probably recommend changing the maf or at least cleaning it anyway to sort out that end of things.