1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 TQS in cornwall

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by moggs, Dec 28, 2012.

1. moggs

moggs Member

Hey all, been on here a while but thought i best say hi now that i have a car i can enjoy and share with like minded folk.

Anyway, I have been into cars for a long time, moved from fast renaults, 5 turbo and clio 16v which i converted to 2.0 to an integra type r dc5. I sold the DC5 a couple a years ago and went travelling and picked up a B5 avant 1.8 when i got back till i could get something faster. Well that never happened and nearly 3 years down the line and 1 little boy later i have finally got someting i can enjoy and look after. A A4 B6 1.8T Quattro Sport in black.

Picked it up yesterday and am quite impressed with the improvement over the B5. Seems alot nimbler too.

But..... The heater doesnt seem to blow onto the screen which im hoping is the motor is stuck which directs the air. Also the ECON mode is stuck on and research would suggest its a sensor on the compressor? If anyone can confirm either of these that would be great.

And the latch on the glovebox has broken.

Apart from that it seems to be really good. I plan to change the oil pick up pipe and give it a service in the next couple of days. fix the above problems, and that should be it for a while. then look at replacing the symphony radio for a newer version and hopefully a remap at asome point. Thanks for reading and ill post some picks when i take some.
    Ian

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano quattro Audi S3 s tronic

Hi Ian, welcome to audi-sport.net. Where are you located? Head over to the A4 B6 section, you will find lots of info in there in the faqs thread. Enjoy the forum:) x

4. moggs

moggs Member

Thanks Sandra. Located in truro. I've been on here quite a while and did a lot of research on here when looking at buying a b6. A great resource.

5. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano quattro Audi S3 s tronic

1st things first, i apologise Ian for asking your location, its in your post in bold black, and i managed to miss it, anyway, i will post a link below for the meets/events sction, just click it and it will take you straight to that section, add your name on the members list in there then browse the threads for upcoming meets if you want to meet some of the local members. Any pics of the car? ;)x
    Smaller (Local) Events

6. moggs

moggs Member

Cheers, no photos yet. Not had the weather. Will try and get some tomorrow even if its wet you'll get the idea.

7. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
    Staff Member Moderator

Hi Ian, welcome aboard.

8. moggs

moggs Member

Sorry for the delay but some pics to start with. Got a broken glovebox to replace. Bummer..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Few of the integra which i sold, went away for a few months, came back and bought this to tied me over.

[​IMG]

Which was a good car, and i kept it way longer than i expected. just lacking in power.

Replaced recently with this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As i mentioned before the glovebox has broken so will need replacing and other plans at the moment are,

Service and replace oil pick up pipe, ordered.
    Replacment panel filter.
    Black out front grill and chrome around windows when the weather gets better.
    Replace diverter valve
    Possibly a remap .

And enjoy an engaging drive again.
    Cheers Ian