A4 to a Seat ibiza/leon ?

auroan

Reaction score
Website
www.dkwracing.uk
I've got a 99 A4 TDI 110, just been looking for my next car and I'm seriously tempted with a Seat Leon Curpa TDI or a ibiza Cupra TDI

Thing is the Leon has a 150 bhp engine but the ibiza is quoted as 160bhp. Has anyone driven any of these ? (getting a test drive soon for both) Are they two totally different engines or just one tuned better than the other ?

I'd prefer the Leon because it's a bit bigger, but god imagine the torque/power/driving sensation in the little ibiza with a 160bhp diesel in it!!!!

Any suggestions or info would be great

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]
Auroan said:
I've got a 99 A4 TDI 110, just been looking for my next car and I'm seriously tempted with a Seat Leon Curpa TDI or a ibiza Cupra TDI

Thing is the Leon has a 150 bhp engine but the ibiza is quoted as 160bhp. Has anyone driven any of these ? (getting a test drive soon for both) Are they two totally different engines or just one tuned better than the other ?

I'd prefer the Leon because it's a bit bigger, but god imagine the torque/power/driving sensation in the little ibiza with a 160bhp diesel in it!!!!

Any suggestions or info would be great

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

You will probably find they are the same engine and at the most, slightly different software. I'd personally go for the Leon over the ibiza although it does depend what you are looking for!

Rich

Just had another look.... the Leon is a 1.9 TDi 150 but the Ibiza is a 1.9 TDi PD 160

Could be the ibiza is using the new 1 pump per injector engine while the leon is using the older style pre PD engine

btoh engines are pd's
as said probably just different software.