1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a4 tdi,is this right? temp gauge question.

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by vw754, Nov 20, 2006.

1. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

:sos: A4 TDI 130BHP AWX engine
    Ive noticed the other day,engine was running and i put the heaters on and temp gauge started going down very slowly(quicker if heaters on full boost) is this right or is the gauge suppose to stay at half way?
  2. SteveS

SteveS S6 avant

the heater takes its heat from the engine via the cooling system so when you have the heater on high you are taking heat away from the engine and blowing it into the car so its fairly normal for it to have a cooling effect on the engine. hope this helps!
  3. sniperlover

sniperlover Member

Thats correct when the heating is on full blast the temperature of the engine drops.Well i remember when i had a ford fiesta,the engine is always over heating so i put the heating on full blast and that will cool the engine down till i get it fix.Some old trick.:thumbsup:
  4. Marko

Marko Member

I didn't notice it much with my petrol A4 but I have done with the 1.9TDi 130 I have. I rather think it's normal. Plus I find it takes much longer to warm up in this weather too.
  5. VennyQuattro

VennyQuattro Member

The heater matrix runs off the cars cooling system, so it will have an effect, however I haven't noticed much of reaction on the temperature guage in most modern cars.
    The idea is the thermostat regulates the engine temperature at the 'norm' so I would expect it to compensate.
    It doesn't sound like much to worry about though.