1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 TDI 130 Power loss

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Thommo, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Thommo

Thommo New Member

[Aug 20, 2011]
    Hey Guys!

Newbie here and In need of some advice....

Recently bought myself a 51 plate A4 1.9TDI 130 sport, full service history etc. Car was running fine until recently everytime I change gear my car loses power for about 1 or 2 secs then takes off like a rocket? This happens whether I change gear between 1500 to 2000 rpm or higher.

Not sure if it could be the MAF sensor or maybe turbo on the way out? Any help would be appreciated... :) Couldnt find anything on the net relating to the problem... :(

Also this doesnt happen all the time. Can happen for a day then stop for a few then happens again?!

Cheers
    Daniel
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

[Aug 20, 2011]
    sounds like sticky turbo vanes, they suffer a build up of soot which prevents the vanes from moving smoothly to open position hence the delay then all the boost at once. there are 2 options really to sort this, the first is to remove and send away to be cleaned and refurbed,the second is a chemical clean which has mixed results and not forced to work, however there is a growing amount of people especially in the us where they use a bbq cleaner have a read of this http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=246287&page=6. i would first have a fault scan first and go from there
    Thommo likes this.
  4. Thommo

Thommo New Member

[Aug 21, 2011]
    That's great! I'll take a look at the thread and hopefully I can get this sorted! :)
  5. deanski

deanski wax on, wax off

[Aug 21, 2011]
    does your car refuse to go above 3krpm? mine did this and it was the MAF.
  6. Thommo

Thommo New Member

[Aug 21, 2011]
    Still goes past the 3krpm. I had a sneaky suspision it wasnt the MAF as I had a problem with a MAF on my old MK5 Golf and it just killed the power...
  7. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

[Aug 22, 2011]
    clean the tirbo vanes firstly m8 mr muscle oven foam cleaner...... search the thread m8 and be carefull with it... skin eyes etc
  8. pj123

pj123 Member

[Aug 22, 2011]
    To test MAF, unplug it and drive the car. Uses a default set of values when disconnected. If problem goes away, then it is the MAF.