A4 TDI 130 Oil Consumption

neiltdi

Reaction score
Hello All, here's my first post on here....sorry it's a boring one.

I have a 6 month old A4 TDI 130 Quattro Sport, and it goes through oil like crazy (Well, more than any car I've had, 1.5 litres in 12k miles).

Is this normal? Audi say it's ok, what does everyone else experience?

Look forward to your replies.

Neil.

Hello,

I have the same model car as you (saloon) and do several miles a year. Its over a year old now, and up until the first service I had to throw in just over bottle of oil (think it is about a litre a bottle).

Now I am coming up to my second service I have used about the same, but this time the car has done about 20000 miles on a remapped engine.

I was surprised about putting any in, but to be honest, a lot of power is coming out of these little engines and they have been designed to use a little bit so dont worry.

Obviously if you are ragging your car to death and thrashing it from cold you cannot be surprised it will use oil, and your engine will sound like a bag of bolts after a couple of years. Best thing is to drive it gently until warm, and while running it in keep it at constant revs.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hope that helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif