1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. rallyjannne

rallyjannne New Member

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the wiring for a "Concert" stereo is different to the wiring for a "Delta"

Thanks

Ian

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

No it's exactly the same, although the Delta has an external antenna amp and the Concert is internal.

3. rallyjannne

rallyjannne New Member

I Have fitted the Delta to my 98 A4 which used to have a concert in it prior to me buying it, but the Delta keeps going back to the "Safe" mode every time I switch off the ignition

4. AndyMac

Yeah the ignition on & perm live are the wrong way round. Swap over the yellow (red stripe) & red (white stripe) wires on the black power iso block.

Why would you retro fit a Delta it's worse than the Concert (and that takes some doing)?

5. rallyjannne

rallyjannne New Member

It had a cheapo Goodmans in when I bought it the "original" had been removed, picked the "Delta" up on a car boot sale for £2.00, can't complain.

6. rallyjannne

rallyjannne New Member

I don't have yellow (red stripe) & red (white stripe) wires on mine

Wiring on ISO plug
    1) White / Blue
    2) No Wire
    3) Green / Blue
    4) Red
    5) No Wire
    6) Grey / Blue
    7) Red / Blue
    8) Brown

Symbols on Stereo

1) GA
    2) Mute
    3) +
    4) S- Kont
    5) + _/ _
    6) Light Symbol
    7) + UB
    8) Earth Symbol

Any ideas on which goes to where and how do I get the wires out of the ISO block without cutting them

Thanks

Ian

7. AndyMac

Swap S-Kont (ignition on) with +UB (perm live).
    You can release the pins in the ISO block using a very small screwdriver. Poke it in to the rebate next to the pin and bend it over away from the pin and with some trial & error you can pull the pin out using the wire. Alternatively just buy a male & female wired ISO blocks and use them to Xover the wires.