1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 special editions buying advice

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by big-al, Mar 16, 2014.

1. big-al

big-al New Member

[Mar 16, 2014]
    Hi folks, I know this is my first post but I'm looking for info on the a4 2.0t fsi special edition. I'll hopefully be purchasing one is the next few weeks. My problem is, that I usually rely on my brother when it comes to checking out cars before I purchase them but seeing as he now stays in Aberdeen and spends most of his time overseas or in the middle of the North Sea, I'll need to go car shopping myself. Is there anything in particular that I should look out for before purchasing 1 of these models?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. Molnboman

Molnboman Well-Known Member

[Mar 16, 2014]
  4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 16, 2014]
    Second what Molboman says, there are lots of cars out there, so don't rush to buy this one unless everything is covered off. As with any car, make sure you check the basics, like condition, service history, and how it drives. Others on here with experience of that engine should be able to give you information on more specific things to watch out for.
  5. big-al

big-al New Member

[Mar 16, 2014]
    Cheers for the help guys and the link.
  6. mikeb7

mikeb7 Member

[Mar 18, 2014]
    Hi yes agree with all above just look for one that has been. Loved, also if you go for anything that has higher mileage. 67,000 or five years the cambelr and water pump should have been changed and look at tires hope that was a help
  7. Craig Cull

Craig Cull Well-Known Member

[Mar 18, 2014]
    Aswell as the cambelt, make sure the cam chain has been replaced aswell. It's not really a cheap job to fix but it's something that will require doing. If it hasn't been done and your in love with the car in every other way, try get yourself atleast £600 off to have the job done yourself. It may never fail but it's not worth testing.
  8. big-al

big-al New Member

[Mar 19, 2014]
    What's are they like for leg room in the back? Are they any bigger than the b5?
  9. Molnboman

Molnboman Well-Known Member

[Mar 19, 2014]
    Leg room is adequate not over spacious.....My kids are 1.86cm tall and can fit comfortably in the back for quite a long time. Three adults might struggle in the back for ling periods.

BR
    A