A4 Sound (Part 2!)

HotSauce

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
Well, I bit the bullet, and finally did a full sound system install. I went with a Sony headunit, solely because it had the proper amount of RCAs, and it's backlit red. I think it looks very sharp. I put Infinity Reference series speakers in all 4 corners. Currently, they're just running off the head unit. I got an Alpine Type-E 10" subwoofer, in a sealed box, powered by an MTX amp.

All in all, it was about $1100 US. I think it's worth it, to me, it sounds exceptional. I'll have pictures up later. The install went very well, the speakers look stock, and the amp is tucked away nicely, and the box's carpeting is very close to the carpeting in the trunk. If you were to hop in, you'd guess that the head unit was the only upgrade...Until I pop a CD in.

Alright, that was dumb. Apparently something is wrong with the amp, it cuts in and out. Guess it's going back to the bay for another look-see. I'll still take some pics, but the car sounds funny when the subwoofer only works at random times.

Alright, took a few pictures. The flash makes the screen's back light look a bit orange. It's a real deep red in reality, you can get an idea in some of the other pictures.

A bit less orange. If you look closely, you can see the red backlight of the climate controls, complimented well by the head unit's back light.

I don't like having to make this many posts...

Here's a picture of the trunk, you can see the Alpine sub pretty well, and to its left, you can just see the MTX amp. I think the amp may have overheated, because I had the sub snugged right up to it. We'll see when I take it in.

nice headunit, I think it'd be harder to change my audi symphony system though.

Yeah, I agree. Perhaps there's a "Double DIN" out there that would look good. I'm addicted to the back light. I wish everything else's backlight was brighter. Speaking of that, is there a way to turn it up, I know you can in my father's Allroad...

Ah, so it's like the old Audi 80s. Clever. Dash lights adjusted problem solved. Now if it'd only let me edit the post. I feel bad just wasting this post, so I'll ramble a bit longer. Out of things to talk about. Post wasted.